Dr. Quinn Cunningham has enjoyed researching and teaching about teams since she recognized her ability to combine her love of sports with her love of learning. Her experience working in amateur (RMC Yellow Jackets and VCU Rams) and professional sports (Philadelphia Phillies, Philadelphia 76ers, Memphis Grizzlies) helps her bring concrete examples for applying teamwork principles (common purpose, specific performance goals, complementary skills, commitment, and mutual accountability) to virtually any business format.
Dr. Cunningham brings life to these principles through challenging real-time team experiences and discussions that involve students applying new techniques and ideas along with their common sense and personal experiences to business problems that will give them insight and resources for addressing the ever-changing business climate.
- Ph.D. LeBow College of Business, Drexel University, Management (Organizational Behavior), 2015
- M.S. Virginia Commonwealth University, Recreation, Parks, and Sport Leadership, 2007
- B.A. Randolph-Macon College, Economics/Business, 2006
- Capitano, J., Mawritz, M., & Cunningham, Q. (2014). Development and Validation of the Workplace Hazing Scale. 2014 Academy of Management (AOM) Conference.
- Cunningham, Q., DiRenzo, M., & Mawritz, M. (2013). Abusive Supervision and Employee Outcomes: The Influence of Contract Violation and PsyCap. 2013 Academy of Management (AOM) Conference.
Presentation of Refereed Papers
- Cunningham, Q., Narayanan, V., & Schultheis, M. (2013, September). Neuroscience Tools in Management Research: Extending Organizational Research to New Questions. 2013 British Academy of Management (BAM) Conference, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- Cunningham, Q., Narayanan, V., & Schultheis, M. (2012, June). An Interactive Workshop on the Potential of Medical Technologies for Management Research. 2012 European Academy of Management (EURAM) Conference, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Graham, K., Quade, M. J., Cunningham, Q. W. (2017, August). When Supervisors are Abusive in Email. Presented as a part of “ ‘Dark Side’ of Electronic Communication” Symposium at the Academy of Management (AOM) Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Cunningham, Q. W., Resick, C. J., Maynard, M. T., DiRenzo, M. S. (2015, April). Team Leader Change: Do Permanency and Active Leadership Matter. Presented at the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Graham, K. A., Cunningham, Q. W., & Quade, M. J. (2015, August). The Dark Side of Working from Home: Abusive Supervision over Email. Presented at the 2015 Academy of Management (AOM) Conference, Vancouver, Canada.
- Capitano, J., Mawritz, M., & Cunningham, Q. (2014, August). Development and Validation of the Workplace Hazing Scale. 2014 Academy of Management (AOM) Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Cunningham, Q., Maynard, M., & Resick, C. (2014, July). Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes: The Impact of Leadership Change on Team Performance. 2014 INGRoup Conference, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Cunningham, Q., DiRenzo, M., & Mawritz, M. (2013). Abusive Supervision and Employee Outcomes: The Influence of Contract Violation and PsyCap. 2013 Academy of Management (AOM) Conference, Orlando, Florida.
- Graham, K., Cunningham, Q., Ziegert, J., & Capitano, J. (2013, April). The Impact of Self-efficacies and Ability on Job Search. 2013 Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology (SIOP) Conference, Houston, Texas.
- Capitano, J. & Cunningham, Q. W. (2017). Suspicion at Work: The Impact on Counterproductive and Citizenship Behaviors. Presented at the Southern Management Association (SMA) Conference. St. Petersburg, FL.
- Capitano, J., Cunningham, Q., & Mawritz, M. (2013, November). Workplace Hazing: An Integrated Model. 2013 Southern Management Association (SMA) Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Capitano, J. & Cunningham, Q. (2013, May). Five Keys to Student Engagement. Drexel University’s Business Professor Teaching Summit, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Cunningham, Q., Resick, C., DiRenzo, M., Whitman, D., & Weingarden, S. (2012, April). Leveraging Team Human Capital: Examining Role Composition and Functional Leadership. Drexel University’s Research Day, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Dust, S. B. & Cunningham, Q. W. (In press). Age and Generational Differences: A Recipe for Generational Faultlines and a Call for Diversity Leadership. In M. W. Gerhardt & J. V. Peluchette (Eds.), Millennials: Trends, Characteristics and Perspectives.
- 2015: Davis Fellowship. Rider University.