Mark Burgess is a senior executive with more than 20 years of experience in B2B and B2C strategic and tactical marketing. He is the founder and president of Blue Focus Marketing® a leading content marketing strategy, integrated marketing, customer experience (CX) and employee experience (EX) services firm, delivering consulting and training solutions to customer-centric organizations. Burgess is a dynamic marketer with extensive experience in all aspects of branding, integrated marketing, content marketing, digital and social media marketing and education. Blue Focus Marketing helps build brands from the inside out.
A marketer, McGraw-Hill author, speaker, trainer, content strategist and professor, Burgess has expertise in social employee engagement strategy, training, IMC, content marketing solutions, and social business and Brand Choreography®, a term his company coined.
He is also a co-author of the Amazon best seller: The Social Employee: How Great Companies Make Social Media Work (McGraw-Hill 2014).He was formerly a global web content strategist at PwC; director, interactive marketing at AT&T and former Ad Man at McCann New York.
He is now also an adjunct marketing faculty at leading universities and one of the top marketing professors on Twitter as @mnburgess (Source: SMM Magazine).
He has expertise in strategic marketing and branding, content marketing, social business, social media marketing, social employee engagement, integrated marketing, digital marketing and education.
- The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, Executive Education in Telecommunications (1996)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Executive M.B.A. in Management (1994)
- University of Pittsburgh, Bachelor of Art in Journalism (1981)
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- “Shaping the Future: The New Social Ecosystem,” Rutgers Business Review (September 15, 2016)
- The Social Employee: How Companies Make Social Media Work (McGraw-Hill 2014)