Ira Sprotzer, M.B.A., JD
Associate Professor and Chairperson
Ira Sprotzer, M.B.A., JD, has taught business law, business ethics and corporate responsibility at Rider University for 35 years. His professional experience includes the practice of business law and real estate law, as well as trust and estate planning. His research interests are in constitutional law as it relates to business and business ethics and he has published articles in a variety of business journals. Professor Sprotzer has taught in the EMBA program since its inception and was influential in the redesign of the program. He is a firm believer in the importance of all business students learning about business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
- Boston College, Juris Docto
- Miami University, Master of Business Administration in Finance
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
Areas of Expertise
Real-estate law, estate planning; small business legal issues; business ethics
Presentation of Refereed Papers
- Winneker, J. & Sprotzer, I. B. (2013, August). Sports Gambling and the Expanded Equal Sovereignty Doctrine. Annual Meeting of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Meric, I., Sprotzer, I., & Meric, G. (2013). How Lower Corporate Tax Rates Would Spur Economic Growth and Reduce Unemployment. Journal of Taxation of Investments, 31 (01), 45-52(8).
- Winneker, J., Sprotzer, I., & Demery, L. (2013). Sports Gambling and the Expanded Equal Sovereignty Doctrine. Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, 13 (1), 38-53.
- Sprotzer, I. B., Goldberg, I., & Hemantharan, N. (2012). The Right to Live. New Jersey Law Journal, 207 (167).
- 2008: Summer Fellowship
- 1998: Davis Fellowship
- 1997: Davis Fellowship
- 1996: Davis Fellowship
- 1995: Davis Fellowship
- 1994: Research Leave