Allison Weidhaas, Ph.D.
Program Director/Associate Professor
Currently, Allison Weidhaas, Ph.D., combines two fun and rewarding careers, public relations and higher education. After 10 years assisting a variety of companies with their public relations needs and teaching part time, she returned to school to pursue her Ph.D. at the University of South Florida.
As a PR practitioner, she has accomplished the following:
- Developed strategic public relations plans for new and established businesses that tied to corporate goals and objectives
- Assisted companies and individuals in gaining exposure in important media outlets
- Supervised and mentored a staff
- Established relationships with media, trade associations, industry analysts, university researchers, and many other influential and interesting people
Today, Dr. Weidhaas is fortunate enough to share some of her PR and business experiences with students at Rider University.
Specialties: public relations, writing, strategic communication
- University of South Florida, Ph.D. in Organizational Communication (2013)
- University of South Florida, Master of Science in Management (2013)
- Rowan University, Master of Arts in Public Relations (1999)
- Weidhaas, Allison, Ph.D. (2016). Female Business Owners in Public Relations. Lexington Books.
- Weidhaas, Allison, Ph.D. Female Business Owners Hiding in Plain Sight. International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship, 10(1), 2-18. January 2018.
- Weidhaas, Allison, Ph.D. (2017). Invisible Labor and Hidden Work. The International Encyclopedia of Organizational Communication,1-10.